Electrochemical coating (galvanization) is a layer deposition process of an adherent layer of metal for decorative, protective or functional improvement in corrosion resistance purposes. Galvanized coatings used: zinc coating, hard chroming, decorative chroming, nickel coating.
Metal plating - galvanization
- Is made by eletrolysis of aqueous solutions containing ions of metal. Metal ions passing into solution by dissolving the anode unde the action of electric power are discharged to the cathode forming the protective metal plating.
- The use of zinc coating include interior surfaces of hydraulic cylinders, the landmarks of hydraulic cylinders in contact with the working fluid, landmarks of mining equipment exposed to corrosion. Hard chroming is used for corrosion protection and abrasion of hydraulic cylinder`s rods. Nickel coating is a process mainly used for decorative purposes.
- Thickness can be submitted the following values:
- - hard chroming: up to 300 μm;
- - decorative chrome plating: up to 5 μm;
- - nickel coating: up to 50 μm;
- - zinc coating: from 5 μm to 25 μm.
- Bath dimensions:
- - hard chroming: 780x780x1900 mm;
- - decorative chrome plating: 600x500x800 mm;
- - nickel coating: 600x500x800 mm;
- - zinc coating: 1200x900x1400 mm.
- Advantages of galvanizing:
- - provides the best corrosion protection;
- - economic procedure compared to other technologies;
- - average lifespan of the coating is 20 years;
- - all surfaces are coated evenly;
- - no prior surface preparation needed;